Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Saddle

While working with Sparrow on standing tied I decided to throw my saddle on him. Not wanting the situation to go bad I untied him so if he shied he wouldnt hit any resistance. With his lead rope on the ground I threw on the saddle pad with no reaction from Sparrow other than the attempt to graze. I took the saddle and let Sparrow smell it, when he didnt seem bothered I lifted it over his back and set it down as gentle as I could manage. then untied the girth and cinched it up. No reaction came from the front cinch and no reaction for the back cinch. So far he doesnt mind the saddle at all so I decided to finish his ground manners lesson with the saddle on and took a walk over to the neighbors house. The saddle didnt even bother him at the trot. I shook the stirrups and moved the saddle around by the horn while Sparrow stood on a loose lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment