Monday, June 27, 2011

48 hours


"The Captain" "Jack" "Captain Jack" and "Sparrow" are all the various names my family uses for this little guy. Today I went out and brushed him without needing to put a halter and leadrope on he stood perfectly still and allowed to to rub him all over. He even let me rub his face between his eyes which he wouldnt let me do just last night, he is improving much quicker than I ever hoped :)


He is very curious and his personality shows more and more as I spend time with him. I was able to pick up both of his front feet, although he pulled them out of my hand almost immediately he still let me pick them up! Sparrow has also discovered that if he tries to listen to me I become his personal scratching post and he gets alfalfa cookies (which he LOVES). This afternoon he got a small lesson on how to lead, although in this department he has decided to be a little stubborn he has still never been mean, he just simply wants to stay standing. A butt rope has helped slightly but he still isnt sure about the idea.
Ending on an entertaining note he has become very playfull. After attacking his water bucket, trying to steal my folding chair and successfully stealing my flip flop we finally gave him a jolly ball which he has been enjoying very much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment