Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gotta have a Brain

Sparrow keeps on amazing me with how intellegent he is. He picks up his training really quickly and once he learns it he never forgets. After only two 10 minute training sessions on the lead line he has already picked it up and is moving off of pressure. He also stands while tied up and never pulled back even the first time he realized he was restrained. When I picked up his back feet for the first time he didnt kick and even though he didnt like it he made sure not to hurt me.
Oliver, my main riding horse, made friends with Sparrow over the fence. It was very entertaining to watch them play :) Sparrow has shown more personality every day he has been here. Today two horses were tied up to one of the panels that makes the pen. When my mom and I came out of the barn we found our horses loose. After retying them with some confusion as to how they managed to get free we finally caught Captain Sparrow untying them. He also stole a flip flop, folding chair, bell boots and a saddle pad. Finally we gave him a jolly ball which he loves and will hopefully keep him from getting into too much trouble :)




No comments:

Post a Comment