Sunday, June 26, 2011

!Progress!

So after having Sparrow for only 24 hours he actually let me catch him! I managed to get a lead rope on him earlier in the day, after dinner I went into his pen and grabbed the end of the lead rope and just followed him around for a few minutes. He finally stopped with his side to the rail and allowed me to slowly walk to his shoulder without trying to touch him. I stood next to him without moving for 10 minutes before finally trying to put my hand on his shoulder, he kept an eye on me but did not move. After he relaxed I slowly stepped away and left his pen. An hour later I went back and did the same thing, he was completely relaxed and allowed me to put my hand on his back. I slowly moved my hand up his neck while scratching him and after a few minutes he started chewing and licking and leaning into me. The little boy is so sweet and I am finding the thought of selling him a little difficult. We will have to wait and see how the next month or two goes :)

(he was rubbing his rump on the wooden rails. He really isnt that downhill lol)

1 comment: