Sunday, June 26, 2011

Interaction

Today I took a folding chair and my laptop into Captain Sparrow's pen so he could get used to my presence. I played music and sang along to the songs (very poorly) to get him used to people and noise. I expected some curiousity but since it was the first day of actually being in his pen I expected him to still be too stand-off-ish to investigate.

After 10 minutes he was willing to come near enough to eat the rest of his hay...


A little longer wait and he came a little closer....


And then after only 20-30 minutes he finally came up and began nuzzling my boots :) I was so estatic. I didnt manage to get a picture of him actually biting my toes but I was trying to remove my boot from his teeth without scaring him lol. Sparrow is so curious and quite friendly. My dad already has him eating fresh green grass from his hands through the fence :) He is going to make an awesome horse as soon as he is tamed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment